Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Nothing like a late cancelation !!!!! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Job booked in for 50 m2 of porcelain plank effect due to start tommorow.Went down tile shop and bought 14 bags of addy ready for morning.Gave the guy a bell to let him know what time i will be on site in the morning and his wife answers his phone.She asked if i had my answerphone message on friday ,just letting me know that they wont be needing my services anymore.(no message on phone !!!):devil: To top it off i found out that he was trying to buy grout with my trade too !!!!:devil::devil:.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Leason learned this time whitebeam.Theres going to be a materials deposit taken on each job from now on.luckily i can cover the gap but what really gets to me is the way some people treat other people !!!!!!Ive been wound up all day about this,yet,i bet theyve forgotten who i am allready ! Anyway ive got to pop out for a bit now.Just going for a spin with a bottle of anti-freeze ...lol ...........only joking ,taking the claw hammer this time :smilewinkgrin:

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I got let down for tomorrow too. Some guy said the bathroom would be ready and ....yada yada yada...was desperate for me for monday apparently !

pfft going to work with my mate boarding a loft out tomorrow. nice change of scenery !

I didnt take any deposit as it was so close to the time but I was planning time off due to not having a day off in over a fortnight !

Last edited:
O

Old Mod

That's outrageous Judge, sorry to hear that!
I know u can cover the gap, but nevertheless, it's just not right! Lets just hope Karma pays them a visit in spectacular style eh! :80:

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I had an estimate to do a while back, I turned up when i said i would, discussed the job with the client etc. I nipped into my supplier a couple of days later to get some addy, to hear i've had Mrs so and so in to get the tiles for the job you are doing and she put them through your account. I was steaming, not even had my estimate. Needless to say I didn't even do or send an estimate. Never heard from her again. The front of some people is unbelievable.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can almost guarantee getting a few of these a year.
I had one a couple of weeks ago, only a two day job, swears she left a message but there full of it......I pull work forward or catch up on paper work.
One of the downsides to being self employed im afraid.

afright

TF
Reaction score
I had nearly the same over the Christmas period booked in to start a cafe floor turned up to start and the customer decided that he did not want to pay the agreed price,so I walked,found out after the holiday he had it done and got it all on my account from Tile Giant.

S

Spud

So Monday I was booked in by my brother to tile a floor at one of his rental properties that was cancelled last minute so I used the day to clear out my garages and reorganise my tools ,Today I was booked in to start 2 bathrooms and a hallway in Porcel-thin tiles got a phone call on my way there this morning telling me they are not quite ready for me ,so I went home and went to the stone show ,thinking I'm starting the porcel thin job tomorrow ,
Just had another call it's not ready until next week ,there is something I can do tomorrow luckily enough but I am more than a little frustrated by the delays

S

Spud

It was really interesting , met some tilers I know from the forums saw a few of the tile association guys there but was most impressed by the machinery tools and equipment there ,there was some beautiful stones and tiles there , well worth a visit if you have a few hours to spare

Reply to Nothing like a late cancelation !!!!! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks