Search the forum,

Discuss Noth sizes and general advise in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Thehulk

Hi there,

I'm just about to tile the first bathroom in a house that we've been building, I will be getting a professional to tile the ground floor as it's a large area and time is also a factor I have chosen some 10mm porcelain polished tiles for the floor and shower. The floor tiles are 600 600 and the wall tiles 600 x 300 with some 300 x 300 glass Mosaics.

What do you think for the trowel sizes, walls are nice flat as you would expect

Wall 8mm??
floor 10mm?
Mosaics 4mm??

Also what would be a good tile spacer, 3mm on the walls, larger on the floors?

Thanks for you help

T

Time's Ran Out

You need to use the same spacing 3mm walls and floor if you intend to bond the joints.
Trowel sizes sound ok, but don't forget to back butter the tiles.
Wall/floor preparation is vital for a good finish - so spend time setting out and use the best materials.
Although the term professional is used, take a look at a portfolio and ask questions about the tile type you are having.
Have a look at members work on this forum and see who's local or will travel.
Good luck and enjoy!

T

Thehulk

You need to use the same spacing 3mm walls and floor if you intend to bond the joints.
Trowel sizes sound ok, but don't forget to back butter the tiles.
Wall/floor preparation is vital for a good finish - so spend time setting out and use the best materials.
Although the term professional is used, take a look at a portfolio and ask questions about the tile type you are having.
Have a look at members work on this forum and see who's local or will travel.
Good luck and enjoy!

cheers for the advise

Reply to Noth sizes and general advise in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen