Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Norcros tile adhesives in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have used Norcross slow set a few times and found it to be adequate for the installs I was doing ( ceramics).. but would mention that it went off quite quickly.. As others have said... Sometimes You get what you pay for..

Reaction score
I have also used Norcross slow set in white on all types of wall tiling and found it good
to use as nice as Mapei p9 but the fast set goes off far to quick in the bucket prefer keraquik.

D

Dumbo

I have also used Norcross slow set in white on all types of wall tiling and found it good
to use as nice as Mapei p9 but the fast set goes off far to quick in the bucket prefer keraquik.
I have used Norcross slow set a few times and found it to be adequate for the installs I was doing ( ceramics).. but would mention that it went off quite quickly.. As others have said... Sometimes You get what you pay for..
I used some norcross rapid the other week as you say goes off far to quick . Surely that should be a simple fix for them by removing some hardener or accelerant or whatever they use .

Lee T

TF
Reaction score
Norcross adhesive isn't too bad like anything you just have to know or get used to working with it and the substrates you at using it on. fired earth, mandarin stone and classical flagstone all sell it for use with their products have used a lot worse to be fair

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sorry I've not posted for weeks but i couldn't let this one go. We had massive, massive problems with Norcros about 3-4years back which resulted in my brother switching to TileMaster. We had numerous failures with a range of their products and received terrible customer service. Things were getting so bad that we even had their guys come out and spec big jobs which we followed exactly ie size of space, positioning of expansion strips, dilution of primer etc etc and they still failed. They lost a contract with us worth tens of thousands and they couldn't care less. You'll find their products sold in the big sheds now under the NX label. I personally wouldn't touch the stuff.

T

Tim@Larsen

Apologies for picking up this thread late, I only dip in and out of the forums now and again and don't often post.
I'm not going to get drawn into a debate on whether ours or any other adhesive brand is good or bad but thought I should make a few points.
1. In order to CE mark an adhesive it must be independently tested by a Notified Testing Lab and the production plant must have a Factory Production Control (FPC) system - typically ISO9001 which again is independently accredited. We can't just make it up!
2. If you don't like ours or anyone else's adhesive don't buy it. All adhesive companies stay in business because they have plenty of customers who are happy using their product. Every tiler has their own preference or idea of the perfect adhesive and we can't keep everyone happy.
3. We have no control of the price our customers sell to the end user and some regions are much more competitive than others. But it always amazes me how nobody thinks an expensive tile out of a boutique shop is so much better than a cheaper tile from their local distributor based on the same logic.
4. Finally, if you have a constructive criticism, tell us. We'll take it on board and if possible try to improve the product on the back of it. Believe it or not, our lives are much easier if tilers are happy!

If you happen to be in Belfast, give me a call, I'll happily show you the plant, labs, testing etc.

Tim

Reply to Norcros tile adhesives in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks