Search the forum,

Discuss no more ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pro-spec

Anyone ever used it? sales man was showing it to me today, its a cement based board, basically a cheaper version of hardie backers, they felt quite good quality and hes doing them me at £8 a 1200x600 sheet.

he recons to stick them down to floorboards with tubes of this super strength adhesive and screw every 6 inch, then PVA the boards prior to tiling???

P

Pro-spec

ok ill work on him with the price, so their decent then i take it,

was he right in saying pva them before tiling onto them tho?

G

Gazzer

Never use PVA ..use SBR 3-1 ratio

You only need to prime in wet areas, I usually wipe over with a damp sponge and dont believe you will fix 5 to 6 boards with one tube of mega strength, dont forget they say to do all joints too....you would be lucky to do 3 boards. The system is only good for flat floors too ie chipboard or ply not floorboards where they have "cupped" over the years.

P

Pro-spec

ok cheers sir,

is there another product you recommend for sticking the boards down with in conjunction to screwing?

G

Gazzer

I really cant see why you cant use SPF and screw as per Hardibacker but I cant get an answer from NoMorePly

B

Billy Hunt

I really cant see why you cant use SPF and screw as per Hardibacker but I cant get an answer from NoMorePly
I have bonded these down many times with spf and screws,never had a problem i know of,Think they like you to use their overpriced no more nails type glue for obvious reasons£££££££££.

G

Gazzer

I have bonded these down many times with spf and screws,never had a problem i know of,Think they like you to use their overpriced no more nails type glue for obvious reasons£££££££££.

Couldnt agree more even though that adhesive is VERY sticky. :thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use it along with the megastrength adhesive, and never had any trouble with it for walls and floors. I'm pretty sure that size board is 9mm, the 1.2x0.6m size is 6mm. DO NOT USE PVA.

Reply to no more ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen