Search the forum,

Discuss No more ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Has anyone used No More Ply on walls?

Also, do you have to use special fixings, like with Aquapanel??

Third and final question.... Do you need to use a certain addy on it, or will any old addy do (300x200 Ceramic)?? :thumbsup:

Cheers
beanz

M

Matt

With No More Ply there is a "special" silicone that you use to put the boards up with. (And screws ofcourse)

As for laying onto them, any adhesive suitable for cement based boards will be fine.

Yes they can be used on walls

W

White Room

They do say if your using adhesive to stick them, you need to prime both sides with a sbr 3-1 and mechanical fixings. Don't say what ones though

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm surprised that you need to use the silicone as well as mechanical fixings.. Then the SBR as well! Starting to sound expensive lol!

D

DHTiling

As far as i have seen , all backerboards need mechanical fixings as well....either straight to stud work or adhesived to walls and fixed as well...

I have used the wedi washers and screws and in october i will be using the wedi dowels...seem much quicker than screw and plugging with washers.

C

Colour Republic

Thanks guys. I'm surprised that you need to use the silicone as well as mechanical fixings.. Then the SBR as well! Starting to sound expensive lol!

it's not really a silicone. I forget the name they give the adhesive but it's somewhere in between silicone and gripfil, it also reminds me a bit like 'loctite' because it expands as it drys... am I making any sense? :crazy:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
it's not really a silicone. I forget the name they give the adhesive but it's somewhere in between silicone and gripfil, it also reminds me a bit like 'loctite' because it expands as it drys... am I making any sense? :crazy:

haha! Yep perfect sense. I was getting my wires crossed and thinking too much about my job, which is a stud wall. I was trying to figure out the benifit of using an adhesive as well as screwing to stud. Then i read Dave's post and it all clicked into place... :oops::lol:

D

Daz

It's "Mega strength" adhesive.
It's a polyurethane adhesive that expands (foams) as it dries. You apply it with a mastic gun and apply to the back of the board as well as the edges to "fill" any gaps between boards.

Reply to No more ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi - Had reason to do a quick fix for a neighbour the other day and she had a Fix&Grout Ready...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I came across this forum searching for info so my first post. I'm renovating 1890's...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen