Currently reading:
Newbie - Tiling Business

Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie - Tiling Business in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Evening Guy's,

Apologies in advance because I'm sure you have seen a similar thread dozens of times.

I am thinking of taking the plunge and starting up on my own tiling business following a course I plan to undertake in January. Obviously I am a little apprehensive about this because I do have what you would consider a good job already in a different field but I am unhappy and have always dreamed of working for myself.

My question to the guys who have found themselves in this situation is how did you find the transition? Was work easy to come by? And finally is there any advice you would give to someone like me?

Dan

Just out of interest what is it you currently do?

I am an office based water treatment engineer so most of my day is spent viewing technical drawings and over seeing projects. Completely different!
[automerge]1573593926[/automerge]
Also have you tiled at all to think that you like it , it may also be worth trying to see if you can tag on to a local tiler for a few days before you spend your money on a course.

Thanks JC. I did complete a DIY course and get on reasonably well even if it was badly organised.

Reply to Newbie - Tiling Business in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement