Currently reading:
New Years Resolutions

Discuss New Years Resolutions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

I have been for a run this morning as I want to get fit this year ,refurbish my 20 year old Rubi wet saw , start learning a foreign language
have you got one of the original rubi box cutters. i mentioned this cutter on forum the other day.
they are really rare now and i was really hacked off when someone i knew picked one up on ebay about 3 years ago for £300.00 in mint condition. they used to be really expensive 20 years ago but the only decent one on the market. what was the model no

S

Spud

have you got one of the original rubi box cutters. i mentioned this cutter on forum the other day.
they are really rare now and i was really hacked off when someone i knew picked one up on ebay about 3 years ago for £300.00 in mint condition. they used to be really expensive 20 years ago but the only decent one on the market. what was the model no
No Jonny I have a bench wet saw with a sliding tray which is about 20 years old the closest thing they have to it is the DR300-EN which looks exactly like the sima dakar plus ,I havent used it since I bought my Dewalt but it is a much more powerful saw at 3hp than the dewalt which is only 1.5hp ,I am going to properly refurbish this saw and will fit a new cam induction switch , new waterproof switch box ,new water pump ,new rubber on the tray ,new guide set and tray stop ,I will have to adapt some of the parts as Rubi dont hold spares for this machine any more, once have all the r parts and its working well ,I will clean it up and repaint it too, its going to be a project and I have a budget of £300 to do it

Reply to New Years Resolutions in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a couple of years and the tiling business is going quite well but the book-keeper I was recommended...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement