Search the forum,

Discuss Never used a grinder to cut tiles... in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's nothing fancy it's a cheapo off eBay but yeah it has a spray guard and a water feed already Screenshot_2017-05-28-18-17-13.png

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm just wondering why the wet sponge and grinder when there's water fed hand saws on the market and the rubi has a rail system and fits the festool rail also

F

Flintstone

Because Kyle, who wants to spend a fortune on a water fed system and have to mess about running pipes all over and have the inconvenience of that, when you can just use a wet sponge with great results

O

Old Mod

I'm just wondering why the wet sponge and grinder when there's water fed hand saws on the market and the rubi has a rail system and fits the festool rail also

:) Yep can just see me using that delicate piece of equipment on a thin tile. :thumbsup: Haha

Typically, actual wet saws won't cut thin tile, it destroys the edges, their operating speed is too slow.

O

One Day

I'd be really interested to see a Porcel-thin cut on a Sigma 10m9 or a Raimondi GS86.
Both top quality wet saws - high speed and zero wobble.

Reply to Never used a grinder to cut tiles... in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen