Search the forum,

Discuss Never used a grinder to cut tiles... in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This whole wet sponge thing has me thinking about rigging up a garden spray bottle the kind u pump up for preasure and a length of silicone tide the kind u use in a fishtank air stone set up and drilling a hole in the guard of the grinder

O

Old Mod

This whole wet sponge thing has me thinking about rigging up a garden spray bottle the kind u pump up for preasure and a length of silicone tide the kind u use in a fishtank air stone set up and drilling a hole in the guard of the grinder

Kyle, that so last year! Haha
Yeah already tried that, needs tweaking tho, not as straight forward as it seems unfortunately. Problems arise with keeping the operator safe from electrocution :D
Montolit have it cracked for about £600 I think.

IMG_5186.PNG

O

Old Mod

Maybe, not give it a great deal of attention since Kyle, not had the time mate.
I just bought a seriously cheap set up to butcher and play with. Potential is definitely there.
But it's no longer an original idea, Montolit saw to that haha

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What a prat ...... I never thought I could just wacky a blade in my variable speed polisher and there's no chance of a shock

Reply to Never used a grinder to cut tiles... in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen