Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Marchrist 850 180mm blade, chipping porcelain and ceramic in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

lmkitchens

Hello guys! Just upgraded the blade in my plasplugs master electric tile cutter to a 180mm Marchrisy 850 blade. Been doing a bit more porcelain on the small amount of jobs I do lately so instead of struggling with the original blade I changed it.

It seems to not make a clean cut but chip the tiles, although the required effort is little so its deffo an improvement!#

Anybody had anything like this? Any advice?

Cheers :)

W

White Room

I had the same with a marcrist so changed to a Montolit dna blade with far superior results..

M

Mike

same for me with the marcrist, chipping porcelain. i hardly use the wet cutter now though as the sigma s great on porcelain

L

lmkitchens

Doh! I didnt want to stretch that little bit more for the montolit blade, absolute bugger. Will it bed in any with a bit of use? A nice shiny Ruby Ts-60 is on my list next!

M

Mike

i don't think it'll get any better unfortunately and don't waste you're money on a ts 60 as it's no good with decent porcelain. get the tx version or better still a sigma:thumbsup:

L

lmkitchens

Ouch! A Tx 700 is a bit more than I thought I was looking at, but we need the tools to do a good job!

Reply to Marchrist 850 180mm blade, chipping porcelain and ceramic in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks