Discuss Mapei renovation screed primer in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Simple answer is use the mapie renovation screed system straight onto the concrete slab set markers up on the slab and build up the height you need before laying the overlay system , as the guys above have commented you need insulation directly under the heating pipe , you have either misunderstood the advice given or a are determined to do it your way ? , but please be aware if you dont follow the correct installation procedure as stated by the manufacturers of the system and the the screed over the pipe cracks because of its thickness of cover over the pipe caused by heat expansion and movement which I think it will personally then it will wreck the tiling connected to it's been proved time and time again , we really are only trying to save you alot of aggro further down the line it's your choice now , mapie renovation slc with fibres in it is a brilliant product which I have used myself on many projects and can be built up to 40mm but really is not the the way you should be using it now again please reconsider the way you are going to proceed. Regards kop

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

I just spoke to mapei technical.
They said their product can be used as a traditional screed to completely cover the pipes.

They're happy with 5mm clearance above the pipes

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Then Mr snake crack on but I have fitted hundreds of underfloor heating systems and this will inevitably not end well .

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for updating.

But please consider a low build up kit, there are loads on the market, Warmup, Pro Warm, John Guest etc.
These will work far more efficiently than what is being proposed.

D

Dumbo

Thanks for the reply

I just spoke to mapei technical.
They said their product can be used as a traditional screed to completely cover the pipes.
Just get them email confirmation of what they have said as in the past I have had technical departments back track as soon I said please send that to me in writing .

They're happy with 5mm clearance above the pipes

Reply to Mapei renovation screed primer in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks