Search the forum,

Discuss Makita Cordless Grinder Packed Up. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

Does it jump out of gear/drive?

If it does you've stripped a Nylon gear ring. It's a common problem on these drills - about £5 to order and 15 minutes to strip down and replace.

I fixed this on the LXT I have.

Google the drill model for a parts diagram.

Cheers

Not jumping out no, similar sort of sound I imagine though. It happens more if there is any sideways force on the chuck as its turning so I think it's the extra leverage that's doing it.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I don't use my grinder that much, i wet cut mostly but you can bet your lunch money brushes go next time i need it... did you enjoy the big porcelain @seankelly
25sqm of 900x450 porcs in a kitchen and utility room over ufh & slc. It was a joy to work with. Straight bond too. At the end of the job there was 1 tile spare! Again the customer did the measuring. I used slow set but had to put a couple of heaters in the room to help the Ardex X7w set. Had to work the w/e because kitchen being fitted yesterday.

Reaction score
Saturday afternoon and only 3 more tiles to cut (900x450 tough porcs). My Makita grinder came to a halt.

I rang the builder to find if anyone was near me, but it was 15:30 and nobody in the area. So I drove the 1hour round trip back home to pick up an old corded one to finish the job.

I started looking for a replacement at a cost of about £100 for the body only, but then googled grinder faults. Came across a typical fault of the brushes needing replacing. So I ordered a £3.59 set of new brushes and they arrived today. Simple swap over and hey presto, a working grinder.

Thats a great result! I have an old ni cad dewalt combi drill that is making funny noises so think i might investigate that too! Might save me a fortune - but I would like a new LI drill !

Reply to Makita Cordless Grinder Packed Up. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen