Search the forum,

Discuss Low quality floor slab in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

NigelB

Hi, looking for help with options here. Stripped out old kitchen and lamintate floor to reveal several cracks - rubbish slab really - some small vertical movement as well as horizontal so clearly can't tile direct even with an isolation membrane. New kitchen coming in 6 weeks, can't be delayed, wife insists on tiled floor. No time to rip out and replace slab - and it would take too long to dry anyway. Looking for a less than ideal way that i might get away with. oh and limited headroom too!

Thought of levelling out and fix cracks as best I can, layer of DPM then 22mm chipboard glued as a floating floor, then tile on top using flexi adhesive? maybe with a decoupling membrane on top of chipboard? Any chance that might work? Many thanks

Q

Qwerty

Your second thoughts are a less viable option than the decoupling membrane to be fair. How much movement are we talking? Any pics?

N

NigelB

Love to upload a pic but can't seem to, upload maanger says i only have 9.8kb allowance (no photos uploaded at all, new user) so even my smallest pic is way over, and won't let me post a link to photobucket either!

Q

Qwerty

Love to upload a pic but can't seem to, upload maanger says i only have 9.8kb allowance (no photos uploaded at all, new user) so even my smallest pic is way over, and won't let me post a link to photobucket either!

Send them through to my business email address and I will upload them

Q

Qwerty

6527855d11ab88318b5ffb6d3f048e98.jpg

2b566588c9bee7347441ea236c61d6ee.jpg

66e724af8e82652d3969f2333d8a02fd.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wow... You could always run kicking and screaming...

Reply to Low quality floor slab in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen