Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for reproduction Victorian tiles in imperial sizes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

beardy247

Hi,

We're currently renovating our house and under the marley tiles that were under the parquet in our hallway we discovered half a Minton tiled floor which we are in the process of restoring, we've got the bitumen off using white spirit and we're currently in the process of deep cleaning it with Lithofin WEXA which seems to be working well. The remaining floor runs from the front door to the foot of the stairs and is pretty sound, originally it then dog legged and continued down the corridor to the kitchen door, this section is missing.

I'm currently trying to source some reproduction tiles to replace the missing section (approx 3 square metres) I'm struggling to find suppliers that do tiles in imperial sizes I've tried Original Style but they don't seem to do anything that's a good colour match for the yellowish colour that's in the existing floor.

Can anyone recommend any other companies that produce tiles in imperial sizes?

I'm also looking at the option of using reclaimed tiles, I've found one company in Gloucestershire that has a reasonable stock but I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows of anywhere a bit nearer to Cheshire that has a good level of stock, most reclamation yards seem to sell whole floors which is no use as we need to reconstruct our existing pattern.

All help gratefully received,

Adam

Reply to Looking for reproduction Victorian tiles in imperial sizes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen