Search the forum,

Discuss limestone on porcelain backing.Any problems for fixers ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

I have seen this limestone on porcelain backing at stone shows before but first time i have been asked to fix.
got 4 nice sized bathrooms floor to ceiling.
i have no issue cutting the the tiles even though through two different materials.
but it has struck me that i may have problems with the tiles themselves not being flat as you get with porcelain sometimes especially in larger format.
the tiles will all be 600 x 600mm
anyone fixed much of this stuff and what do you think of it.
i imagine the porcelain is dirt cheap and therefore not good quality but this may not matter.

J

jonnyc

How would you finish the edges on a product of this nature?
That's one of the problems we are facing.
the company has suggested supplying me with a 20mm slab which I can use to make box top and niche sides.
That is fine but it does not work when we have two sides and a head within which a mirror will sit as would have do all this in 20mm.
i also like to do niches where the joint is on inside which means cutting up a slab in to tiles which is too much agro.
so will probably have to use steel trim

Reply to limestone on porcelain backing.Any problems for fixers ?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen