Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling systems& large format in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I am starting a large floor tomorrow in 1200 x 1200 tiles and am now thinking to myself should I be using one of these levelling systems kicking about. I have never used them and had no reason or desire to. I've always thought a decent tiler shouldn't need them..... But... A 1200 x 1200 tile. Are they perfect for these tiles? Or, due to the weight of the tile. Is the tile more likely to stay in place?

Thanks

H

hmtiling

I am starting a large floor tomorrow in 1200 x 1200 tiles and am now thinking to myself should I be using one of these levelling systems kicking about. I have never used them and had no reason or desire to. I've always thought a decent tiler shouldn't need them..... But... A 1200 x 1200 tile. Are they perfect for these tiles? Or, due to the weight of the tile. Is the tile more likely to stay in place?

Thanks
I would definitely use a rls type system. These things don't do the job for you though. Prep will need to be very good for that size tile. They are great for minor adjustments and stopping the little lip that you know wasn't there when you left yesterday.

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I can see I've hurt your feelings a wee bit lads. No offence intended.
I've always thought if you lay the tile properly they aren't required. Plus I've never thought they were cost effective and thought there was always the possibility of air gaps. Going to give them a go tomorrow though.

D

Dumbo

Depends on your bed thickness . If your bed thickness is to thin you would have to lift the tiles to get the based in .
Do get the rls type don't lash clips from the likes of topps

Reply to Levelling systems& large format in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen