Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Levelling clips | Lash Clips - Suppliers of Lash Clips & Leveling Spacers in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I am going to try the block ones soon. I am still using the genesis easy level at the moment. I have had no problems with the clips not gripping so i would say you have a faulty batch. Definitely complain or get a refund Andy.
Which tool do most buy?
The block one looks a bit flimsy, the raimondi looks better but does it fit the block wedges ok?

L

LM

I am going to try the block ones soon. I am still using the genesis easy level at the moment. I have had no problems with the clips not gripping so i would say you have a faulty batch. Definitely complain or get a refund Andy.
Which tool do most buy?
The block one looks a bit flimsy, the raimondi looks better but does it fit the block wedges ok?
Get the Ramondi pliers and wedges and imo the Block clips are great value and do a great job, not flimsy at all.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I usually use the little block beauties but I've bout a 600 Genesis bases and 400 tops and the fancy looking gun thing like the MLT one gonna give them a go on Monday I don't like the fact the bases are cupped tho like the vitrex lash clips I like the flat base like the block ones but ill give them a go and report back

L

LM

I usually use the little block beauties but I've bout a 600 Genesis bases and 400 tops and the fancy looking gun thing like the MLT one gonna give them a go on Monday I don't like the fact the bases are cupped tho like the vitrex lash clips I like the flat base like the block ones but ill give them a go and report back
The curved base actually helps, you'll find that when you try them. One advantage of them over RLS is that they never push the tile off line when you clamp them, but they are way more expensive.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They are but it's all being covered by the customer on this job they cost around £180 for 600 bases 200 small tips and 200 big tops and the fancy pants gun and holster. .. did I use 6 clips or only 5 do u feel lucky punk in the words of the legendary Clint Eastwood

L

LM

Tile Leveling Systems | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/3191/tile-leveling-systems

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tile Leveling Systems | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/3191/tile-leveling-systems
That's where I bought mine from I ordered them at 2pm one day and the following day they arrived by 10am now that's what I call services think that was a couple of pounds extra

L

LM

Your customer is paying for the dearest part then, the set up ;)
Let me know what you think of that gun, I've only ever used the cheaper pliers, that wear out by the way. Someone else posted on here that they use the Rubi pliers with the Genesis system because they are of a better build quality.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well today was my first day with the Genesis easy level system and I van say I don't get on with it they don't clamp up anywhere near as tight as block level and even with the gun they take much longer than the block level ill be sticking with the good ol'BL'S when these are gone

I could get on with them not making a click click click as ur tightening them and even when I get them to full tension u can easily slip a tile out of there grip

S

Spare Tool

Well today was my first day with the Genesis easy level system and I van say I don't get on with it they don't clamp up anywhere near as tight as block level and even with the gun they take much longer than the block level ill be sticking with the good ol'BL'S when these are gone

I could get on with them not making a click click click as ur tightening them and even when I get them to full tension u can easily slip a tile out of there grip
Not just me then..

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I can safely say it's gonna be block level all the way from now on I even preferred the horrid little lash clips they sell at ctd at least they go tight lol

S

Spare Tool

I can safely say it's gonna be block level all the way from now on I even preferred the horrid little lash clips they sell at ctd at least they go tight lol
Ive just been on and bought 250 wedges, 1000 2mm clips and a pair of pliers for just over £100 inc delivery of the BLS ;)

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've actually got about 3000 clips in my shed just wanted to give the Genesis ones ago they looked like a good idea but they need some work to get them up to scratch if u ask me

Reply to Levelling clips | Lash Clips - Suppliers of Lash Clips & Leveling Spacers in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks