Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Genesis Easy Level LARGE System Starter Tub 300pcs PTT664-666 | Buy Tile Leveling Systems Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tile-leveling-systems/45927/genesis-easy-level-large-system-starter-tub-300pcs-ptt664-666

Expensive compared to the cheap eBay ones which a lot use. I can’t comment because these are all I have tried

O

Old Mod

If you’re using clips for the first time, buying Cheap is a mistake!
Buy a reputable brand, they tend to be easier to use because they’re well established.
If you find you’d like to use them in the future, then you can move to something that you may feel is more cost effective.
Like anything, you need to know what they should be like to use first.
Otherwise you won’t have anything to measure them by.

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
If you’re using clips for the first time, buying Cheap is a mistake!
Buy a reputable brand, they tend to be easier to use because they’re well established.
If you find you’d like to use them in the future, then you can move to something that you may feel is more cost effective.
Like anything, you need to know what they should be like to use first.
Otherwise you won’t have anything to measure them by.

I asked the question earlisr, any chance of an eBay link? Cheers, Chris

O

Old Mod

I asked the question earlisr, any chance of an eBay link? Cheers, Chris
There are dozens of systems out there, my advice would be to choose

Genesis or Rubi from Sam @Pro Tiler Tools
(Not the new quick system)
Tile Leveling Systems | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/3191/tile-leveling-systems

The most common style are...
Raimondi from
Colin at Kwik Split or
Jim Stott at Tiler tools

PLM (perfect level master) from Nick Ward.

Mustang from Andy Carroll.

Then you can make an informed decision.

Yes they’re available on ebay, but a large percentage are rip offs from China.
Whilst some are more than useable, a lot are not.
Without a yardstick to measure them by, you’ll still be in the dark.

S

Spare Tool

There are dozens of systems out there, my advice would be to choose

Genesis or Rubi from Sam @Pro Tiler Tools
(Not the new quick system)
Tile Leveling Systems | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/3191/tile-leveling-systems

The most common style are...
Raimondi from
Colin at Kwik Split or
Jim Stott at Tiler tools

PLM (perfect level master) from Nick Ward.

Mustang from Andy Carroll.

Then you can make an informed decision.

Yes they’re available on ebay, but a large percentage are rip offs from China.
Whilst some are more than useable, a lot are not.
Without a yardstick to measure them by, you’ll still be in the dark.
Couldn't agree more, I worked my way through quite a few (duff ones at that) before I found one I was happy with..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've never used spacers when tiling floors, just a straight edge.......... This is the only thing that puts me off using them.... I would have to change the entire way I tile.

F

Flintstone

Even on large floor areas Andy? I used to not use spacers on bathroom size floors, but always on bigger areas. The clips are usually only 1mm thick so you will still need your expert eye

O

Old Mod

I've never used spacers when tiling floors, just a straight edge.......... This is the only thing that puts me off using them.... I would have to change the entire way I tile.
Not with the right choice Andy, in your case I’d suggest the genesis or Rubi type.
That way you can tile in your normal manner and tighten any clips down from above.

O

Old Mod

Even on large floor areas Andy? I used to not use spacers on bathroom size floors, but always on bigger areas. The clips are usually only 1mm thick so you will still need your expert eye
Don’t really hold with that idea Andy, if you’re using wedge type, as you tighten them they will move the tile as you push the wedge in, even with the correct pliers. The wedge will grip the tile and move it.

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks