Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spare Tool

The way I read that post your calling us con men, well personally I think its you conning your customers telling them they've bought bent tiles and you'll do your best with them but they won't be perfect but its there fault for buying the tiles when there's a product out there for a few pennies that will sort it :)
Over the 40 years don't try and tell me youve never folded a bit of card up or jammed a spacer under the corner of a tile just to get that last mill adjustment, well there's now a magical product that can do this for you, oh and if you say no then sorry but I don't believe you

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Andy i never mentioned you or any names,its been a good debate would be better without the mud slinging,have a good week on the tiles guys hope you dont suffer to much with the bends keep them clips handy ,im out

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There’s no real fixed number to a floor Andy, esp planks, it can vary depending on quality. What I tend to do is buy 2000 and divide cost over next few jobs by adding what I think I can get away with to cover cost of whole purchase. Probably a simpler way I’d say. Adding per m2 can look expensive to clients if you’re giving meterage rates, where loosing £50 is much simpler.
How much does 2.000 cost...... And roughly how many square meters would it do......... Average size tile..... Not them bloody massive things you fit... :)

S

Spare Tool

The ones I get off ebay are £80 for 2000, just done a 36m floor in 600's and used about 4/500 so about £20's worth, they will go on the bill with other mats

O

On one

I'm yet to take the plunge into levelling clips.......I can understand where they might bend 1200mm planks......but could they bend 600mm x400mm porcelain in brick bond flat?...... a scenario I had last week where the customer wanted brick bond but the tiles did not agree!

F

Flintstone

45CC97CD-EFEF-47C1-81A9-6DED553CBC6F.jpeg

S

Spare Tool

Andy do you give the price to the customer including clips before you start the job?sorry meaning are they included in your price
Not given a fixed price for years, everything's an estimate with me, dayrate plus mats, just tot up everything at the end, customers usually ask what they do and after explaining the benefits they just pay, not had a quibble about £20 or whatever for them on an invoice up to now..

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not given a fixed price for years, everything's an estimate with me, dayrate plus mats, just tot up everything at the end, customers usually ask what they do and after explaining the benefits they just pay, not had a quibble about £20 or whatever for them on an invoice up to now..
So say i have a fifteen mtr floor to tile just 600 ×300 brick style from b&q any idea how much please the floor may need a couple of bags of leveler first

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've been using them for ages. I add the cost of them to the job but have never discussed it with a customer.... It's not an option as far as I'm concerned. Virtually every customer I've had has been really impressed by the clips.

I am also absolutely sure that they do speed up workflow and I'd recommend them to anyone

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks