Currently reading:
Leaving the forces, Able Skills training centre

Discuss Leaving the forces, Able Skills training centre in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TonyRAF

Hello all,

Firstly can i just say that a lot of the posts on here have been very encouraging and informative to read.

Secondly. I am leaving the Air Force in May next year and I want to go out on my own as a tiler/bathroom fitter. It's what i did before I joined up some 10 years ago however I was only an apprentice back then at 16 killing time before joining the mob. Basically within my last 6 months I get quite an extensive resettlement package and what I am looking at is the 6 week NVQ Tiling qualification from Able Skills ltd. I've seen a lot of other training centres offering an NVQ in 3 weeks. Something which Able Skills state simply can't be done in 3 weeks. Money for the course isn't a problem as I won't be paying for the course but I wondered if anyone had any dealings with these guys and had any advice/info. Will the 6 weeks be enough to set me up? I have 3 different family members who all own kitchen/bathroom/tiling companies so work should be ok although given the current climate i'm expecting the worst.

Cheers all.

Tony

Reply to Leaving the forces, Able Skills training centre in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I finished the Able Skills basic tiling course, which was fantastic. Here to learn more 👍
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.