Search the forum,

Discuss Latest on my Sigma 9p in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Last week I got to use the Sigma 9P on a real job, not just trying it out . It has been fitted with the 86c wheel as supplied by Tradetiler.
i have never been a fan of the cutters with water trays below . I always get splashed and found them messy. That said I set this one up in the clients house !!..empty undecorated room by the way. I filled the tray and needed 3 attempts to get the right amount of water in the tray. It was also a faff to get the tray under the machine when filled with water but i did it.
As for quietness of the machine it was superb, hardly heard it while the wheel was just turning. When actually cutting it glided through the split faced slate I was cutting. Spray was very minimal too as the overhead guard did a superb job.

I did find that the mat on the sliding table to the left of the wheel was higher than the bed to the right of the wheel ( easily fixed though by adding a 2nd mat on the right) It caused little problems but could be better.

Cleaning the machine after use was easy enough too and it was sat back in the van at the end of the day. Another issue with these types of cutter is that if anything sits on top of the machine while in transport it can bend the guide holder. Thats something I need to look into.
Overall, marks out of 10 for a refurbed machine 8/10 :thumbsup:

Reply to Latest on my Sigma 9p in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen