Discuss Kerdi shower pan extension advice? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hey. I doing my first walk-in tiled shower. The shower is 4’x8’. Most of the floor is covered with a Kerd pre-sloped shower tray. I’m going to make up the remainder with drypack (4’x 3’)
What I didn’t consider is that, to maintain proper slope, the drypack at its highest point will be 5/16” higher than the edge of the shower tray. I understand that the entire thing should have been drypack but it’s a bit late now. I’m curious how a seasoned tiler would transition the drypack to the shower tray (I.E increase the perimeter of the shower tray or cut the tile at an angle)

Hope this makes sense

Reply to Kerdi shower pan extension advice? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks