Currently reading:
Kasade and No More Ply?

Discuss Kasade and No More Ply? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Youngoggy

Hi It's been a while since I have used the forum as the wet room had to go on the back burner for a while but I am cracking on with it in the next month and wanted to know if anyone had used the Kaskade system and the no more ply backer boards.

I am looking at using the boards for the floor and re inforcing the stud walls to take Travertine.

Kaskade trays seem to be easy to fit if the bumf is to be belivied but I wondered if they are any good and would appreciate any thoughts on them?

Thanks in advance Rich:thumbsup:

W

wetdec

You get what you pay for have a look at the grp Impey and Tuff2 trays they are both more stable the gulleys more efficient and adjustable

Using a backer board on walls is a waste of money pb them with 12.5 and use a proper tanking membrane in your wet area.

If you want a package price to compare give me a shout but take a good look at the trays !! ours are grp see if it says anywhere what theirs are made of......................

tiler

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

Thanks Whitebeam having looked at the charts on that link I reckon I would be a safer re inforcing the stud wall with backer boards. I take it these just screw into the wooden studs and then once tanked can be tiled over?

Sorry for all the questions but this is my fist one and I want to get it right!

Cheers Rich
Correct. You may need to use spreader washers to distribute the load of the screw head, but that depends (i think) on which type of board you use.:thumbsup:

Reply to Kasade and No More Ply? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber floor in our barn conversion. The area is large, 21m x 8m. Having spoken to various UFH suppliers I...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.