Search the forum,

Discuss Jotm.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I know i do not run this anymore but here is an idea...

Entries are low some months and i had an idea...

If Admin do away with JOTM tag and keep it too the JOTY tag .. this then keeps all those JOTM winners and new comers chasing that elusive JOTY tag..

Yes it is only a once a year win but hey it is worth it isn't it..?

Just a thought...

Also what happened to getting more prizes..?..

We have quite a few member support accounts here and i am sure they will donate each month as this helps promote them as well , this was something i was working on before i stepped down , so maybe Neale could pursue this matter.

I

Ian

Deffo needs a bit of a shake up Dave but, even Dan offering £500 doesn't seem to have sparked anymore entries. Perhaps it's just a quite start to the year for a lot of people. Could possibly offer something for everyone who enters, even if its just a t-shirt or something.

D

DHTiling

Wasn't Dan's offer last year .? .. plus 10 entries..lol..

But i do know the member support accounts will offer prizes.. i spoke to some about it but not up to me to chase that now..

I

Ian

Yeah I think he offered it in December, but it's still in this months prize fund, I don't think there has been a month with 10 or more entries since I joined. It's another one of those things that needs a bit of time spending on it, like the forum t-shirt/mug/pen/sticker thing, I think most people are too busy to be able to help out. Maybe Dan needs to hire a forum secretary :lol:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah I think he offered it in December, but it's still in this months prize fund, I don't think there has been a month with 10 or more entries since I joined. It's another one of those things that needs a bit of time spending on it, like the forum t-shirt/mug/pen/sticker thing, I think most people are too busy to be able to help out. Maybe Dan needs to hire a forum secretary :lol:

You are the forum secretary Bri, have you ordered the pens and mugs yet? On a serious note I think low numbers could be due to people being put off after seeing a great job posted that they don't think it's worth trying to compete against. Is there anyway jobs could be entered and all pictures revealed at the same time towards the end of the month? Just a thought.....

G

Gazzer

You are the forum secretary Bri, have you ordered the pens and mugs yet? On a serious note I think low numbers could be due to people being put off after seeing a great job posted that they don't think it's worth trying to compete against. Is there anyway jobs could be entered and all pictures revealed at the same time towards the end of the month? Just a thought.....

I had the same thoughts myself for a while now. There is only one way to see if it would work.....its a new month so lets try it.

G

Gazzer

I am awake but upset stomach actually , I hope it settles before the new arrival. !

Reply to Jotm.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen