Discuss Jamie Oliver's Chicken Program in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you watch Oliver's program the other night about caged chickens and the eggs they produce etc?

I don't eat chicken myself but was gutted to hear that the dodgy forms of eggs end up in brand names in your fridge! Eeeerrrrr!

That must have put me off a dozen more things! lol

Interesting to know hot dog sausages are simply mashed up chicken carcases! I wont be eating one of those again!

M

myhometiling

yea watched jamie,
i love my food to much to be put off, it does make you think
about buying better quality.
this is all down to the super markets.

calvy..

G

grumpygrouter

Only been buying organic or free range eggs for quite sometime now, when I have to buy them that is. Usually get them from our lass's gran, she has a few chickens in the garden. Keep me in fresh eggs for most of the year.

Only been Organic or Free Range chickens for eating for years now. Didn't know about the frankfurters tough!

Grumpy

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
And hellmans mayo and many many other brand names have eggs in them from 'battery caged chickens' that are the wrong size or whatever and no good for sale. There were LOADS of processed food he went through in a lady's fridge that only bought free range chickens and eggs.

The guys that process the chicks and eggs have to state whether or not they're free ranged or caged yet if it's an ingredient in a produce they don't - weird.

You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that goes on to get the chicks cheap to buy.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/ for those that fancy reading a bit on it.

E

enduro

I watched it and thought it was fowl.....Im lucky where i live as i have several friends who have farms and do farmers markets, where the sell there free range chickens, eggs and sausages, beef and lamb. so you guys should check out farmers markets in your area, and support them to help them, and stop the super markets screwing them into the ground.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You'd think living in one of the Shire's I'd be clued up on this farmers market stuff but I couldn't tell you where there is one for love nor money.

I'll go do some searches now.

H

HENDRYBERG

i watched it but it all just comes down to taste, if it tastes ok then ill eat it lol

slightly put off by hotdogs though!!!

W

White Room

Tried my first free range chicken on sunday, It is better taste, chasing it round a field with my shotgun nearly killed me.

L

Leatherface

I have " eaten worse things after a drunken saturday night out" - first at the kebab shop and then back at her place for the extra serving of kebab ( if you know what I mean )

Forty one years old now, smoke 20 a day, drink 30 pints of stella a week.
Who cares what's in my burgers or eggs ??
I don't !!

I

IvegotsTILE

If it tastes ok I'll eat it,in fact I'd try just about anything horse,dog even marmite.
Well maybe not marmite.:hand:

G

GazTech

Does anyone know how long a chicken lasts in a freezer.....only I removed mine for Sunday lunch and it was dead !

Reply to Jamie Oliver's Chicken Program in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks