Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

These will help some folk who struggle with self levelling.

I have no idea what they will cost but I saw them the other day and I bumped into the Tile Rite rep today...... (no freebies either)

FLP887-1.jpg

FLP887-3.jpg

FLP887-4.jpg

TileRite - https://www.tilerite.co.uk/general-tiling-tools/miscellaneous-tools/floor-levelling-pegs/
I've often though about something like that instead of drilling and plugging and the associated risks and obs can't do that with underrated screed .

H

hmtiling

These will help some folk who struggle with self levelling.

I have no idea what they will cost but I saw them the other day and I bumped into the Tile Rite rep today...... (no freebies either)

FLP887-1.jpg

FLP887-3.jpg

FLP887-4.jpg

TileRite - https://www.tilerite.co.uk/general-tiling-tools/miscellaneous-tools/floor-levelling-pegs/
VI Distribution - https://www.vidistribution.co.uk/store/results.php?s=Levelpins
I used these before Tom. Very handy when a deep pour is needed. Pricy for what they are though

B

Bill

W

WetSaw

Excuse me if I'm being thick but isn't the scale a waste of time? Surely if you're levelling a floor, not just raising the whole level of a perfectly flat floor, they'll be reading different depths? Has to be better just to use marker pins set level then fill to the top of those.

J

J Sid

Excuse me if I'm being thick but isn't the scale a waste of time? Surely if you're levelling a floor, not just raising the whole level of a perfectly flat floor, they'll be reading different depths? Has to be better just to use marker pins set level then fill to the top of those.

stick them to floor
set 360 laser on floor
measure down from laser line to high stop of floor
say 50 mm reading
you want 5mm of SLC as a min depth
at each stick measure down 45mm from laser line and cut.
if floor is not level this will leave sticks at different lengths
SLC to tops of each stick to turn a unlevel floor to a flat floor

W

WetSaw

stick them to floor
set 360 laser on floor
measure down from laser line to high stop of floor
say 50 mm reading
you want 5mm of SLC as a min depth
at each stick measure down 45mm from laser line and cut.
if floor is not level this will leave sticks at different lengths
SLC to tops of each stick to turn a unlevel floor to a flat floor

So as I said, the scale is a complete waste of time!

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Nice idea, until they come unstuck when you start pouring and they end up floating about in the slc. :tearsofjoy:

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks