Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

It’s always baffled me tbh, I appreciate the beds need to flex, but why they could never seem to get height of the arms right is a mystery.
Hopefully now, it’s not such a concern.
I have had a go with one before, and was suitably impressed.
Yes arm height seems really stupid . I think those extra bed plates down the end should be good as I have tiles chip when they have snapped then fallen of the spine .

O

Old Mod

. I think those extra bed plates down the end should be good as I have tiles chip when they have snapped then fallen of the spine .

Yeah they are useful Jerry, especially with the thin tile, catching an edge on the thin stuff generally has far more risk of shelling than with something of 12mm.
I have had about a day’s use with one, and became more cofident putting oversized pieces thro.
There are plenty of times when I’ve used them to cut the top off of something fairly narrow like an 800, but it’s been 2.4 in length.

D

Dumbo

Yeah they are useful Jerry, especially with the thin tile, catching an edge on the thin stuff generally has far more risk of shelling than with something of 12mm.
I have had about a day’s use with one, and became more cofident putting oversized pieces thro.
There are plenty of times when I’ve used them to cut the top off of something fairly narrow like an 800, but it’s been 2.4 in length.
I'm thinking about doing some sort of mod on my 3e3m

O

Old Mod

I'm thinking about doing some sort of mod on my 3e3m
Well looking at new version, it would really easy to adapt the 3m tbh mate.
There’s nothing complicated about new set up.
I’ll try remember to take some images tomorrow and show you.
Remind me if I forget.

Q

Qwerty

I use makeshift platforms of foam core backer board with my 3e3m to stop the tiles slipping off of the bed. The new purpose made cutter looks good

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The biggest issue I have with my 3e4m is space to set it up and creating a platform to use it on as I can't stand using it on the floor :tired:

F

Flintstone

God knows how you fit it on that table as my 3e3m goes on one but over hangs, must be a bit unstable. You need a spare room just to set it up ? :D

I

Italy

sorry if I interfere, but me
if I need a sigma for large formats,
I would have no doubts about choosing XL12c1 up.
I've never tried it, but it gives me a strong impression.
even if for now, I'm enough and advances my battipav 160
with its 20kg :)
(as you know I like to explore and not listen to others) :)
upload_2019-2-3_10-1-53.jpeg

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks