Discuss Is my Rubi TS broke? Pls help! in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

llevram

TF
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have had and have a rubi TS cutter. I've recently bought a second hand TS 40 of eBay and the handle shaft (the bit that moves up and down) where it connects to the metal runners on the 2 rails is loose and has a fair bit of play. For example it can move it left and right. My TS 60 has no play at all. Is this fixable does anyone know or have I been done over? Cheers

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You can buy all the parts of Rubis. Sounds like you need the shaft thing that holds the handle on. Could be your bearings gone in the actual rail thing. Can you see which bits move? Does it make the wheel move?

@Pro Tiler Tools should be able to get you the bits you need.

There's a PDF online somewhere showing you what all the parts are. I'll try to find it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Rubi Miscellaneous Spares | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/24/rubi-miscellaneous-spares

Possibly needs a new "Tool Holder" (that's what he said!) haha

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Yeah that's the part. The section the handles screws into moves left and right.
Do you know if their are instructions on how to do this ? Cheers

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess they come with the part. Not 100% sure though.

Some hire shops repair them I think too.

Reply to Is my Rubi TS broke? Pls help! in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks