Search the forum,

Discuss Insulation boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Hi guys,

Customer asked me two questions today and embarrassingly I didn't know the answers, although it must be said they were slightly obscure. He wants 60m2 of garage floor tiled, in porcelain with electric heating mesh. His questions were, are insulation boards load bearing, ie. would they take the weight of a car, or would they crumble rendering the whole thing useless and secondly are they water proof generally? I can't think why they'd get wet but given it is a garage you never know. Any thoughts?

Cheers Rob

B

Bubblecraft

I know warmup boards are water resistant & can take up to 30 tonne pm2. Couldn't tell you about other manufacturers but guess they would be much the same

D

Dougs Third Go

insulation boards have a helluva compressible strength, my guess is the question should've been, "is the adhesive strong/deformable enough?

B

Bubblecraft

insulation boards have a helluva compressible strength, my guess is the question should've been, "is the adhesive strong/deformable enough?

Bal Motobond is designed for such things. Don't know if its suitable with UFH though

Reply to Insulation boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen