Search the forum,

Discuss Insulation Boards on Weyrock in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

Mark Frost

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
When I put the self-levelling compound down should I just take it all the way to the wall, or so I need to leave a gap between it and the wall (and fixtures such as shower tray). If I need a gap, what's the best way to achieve this?
Not to the shower tray no, but around the walls apply some expanding foam or silicone just to fill in any gaps to stop the SLC from leaking to downstairs. At the door wedge a bit if wood to stop the SLC from leaving the room.

L

LM

Be careful with weyrock boards they're normaly glued to the joists which often fails, I'd defenitly be looking to secure them to the joists first.

A

Anon1324

Well in the end we didn't opt for underfloor heating etc, just with the size of the room mainly. But here's my work, very proud of it for my first go at tiling, but very happy to take on board constructive criticism.

IMG_3367.JPG IMG_3376.JPG IMG_3380.JPG IMG_3392.JPG IMG_3396.JPG IMG_3406.JPG IMG_3410.JPG

Reply to Insulation Boards on Weyrock in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen