Search the forum,

Discuss Independant or big name store ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Independent tile shops....Who uses them ? How often do you use them compared with bigger outlets or dont you use them at all ??

Do they try to get your business , are they helpful? knowledgeable ?

Would you prefer to give them your money or not ??

Debate !

D

doug boardley

independents for me Neale, don't have any any of the nationals up here. Are we having a poll?

G

Gazzer

Not really for a poll Doug. Just interested to know who would deal with the small guys in the game against the bigger names.
I would imagine though it would depend as in your case...who is most local.

I have a decent Indie shop here but CTD is not too far of needed as are some other big names but the prices seem to be a lot higher and they are harder to deal with. I have started to get good deals for certain items off the internet.

D

doug boardley

a lot of retailers, indies or nationals, could do with coming onto forum for a while and actually learn a bit more about the stuff they sell imho.

G

Gazzer

Very true Doug but have you seen the money they pay the staff in places such as Topps ? I saw an Advert for staff wanted and when I worked out the wages I can understand why they wouldn't be bothered and why they are always advertising for staff...no one stays long !....but thats a different topic.

O

Olz

I don't go near tops, the starting offer of discount was about 2% which would increase over time. Bearing in mind a Ctd trade account I have is much higher and topps were trying to get me to switch I questioned why I would take the hits for a few months and declined. Tile giant is very competitive IMO but not close enough to make it worth while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

Olz

I have an Indy on the doorstep but he only did some cheap stuff and a very limited range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

hutchinsons

CTD for me im afraid.. the independents are doing cheap, get them out stuff. I deal with original style and olde english too and have no probs..

Reply to Independant or big name store ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen