Search the forum,

Discuss Improvement suggestions regarding the JOTM uploading process.... And stuff in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I tried to enter one last night but, couldn't upload any photos to my post, is there something I'm not doing right?

Upvote 0

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
^^ Agree with Bri^^

Too cluttered, far too much of a faff to do much other than just skip about.

Click and go.......that's all it needs.

Stay busy you bums.

B

Blunt Tool

Ok, not really the thread for it but I'll post it here anyway. Facebook has its flaws, mainly the trolls and lack of moderation, however, it's real attraction is it's pure simplicity, it's been built so that divvy Donna from Doncaster can sell her 14 year old *** burned sofa with a couple of clicks on her stolen Samsung s6, that's what people want, not 18 different processes to ask why their grout is patchy and 14 different options to thanks any respondents for their time. Keep it all simple, we are here to talk about sticking squares and rectangles to things, nothing more, nothing less. All this is of course my opinion, but, from a member who has 11000+ posts, I'd encourage you to have a look at the set up.
I need to know....Is Donna's sofa sold or still available?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, not really the thread for it but I'll post it here anyway. Facebook has its flaws, mainly the trolls and lack of moderation, however, it's real attraction is it's pure simplicity, it's been built so that divvy Donna from Doncaster can sell her 14 year old *** burned sofa with a couple of clicks on her stolen Samsung s6, that's what people want, not 18 different processes to ask why their grout is patchy and 14 different options to thanks any respondents for their time. Keep it all simple, we are here to talk about sticking squares and rectangles to things, nothing more, nothing less. All this is of course my opinion, but, from a member who has 11000+ posts, I'd encourage you to have a look at the set up.
We had a practice comp last month to play around with.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Marc. Im going to try and be as constructive as I can with this post. Its stuff like this that has killed the forum for me in recent months, it is so unnecessarily complicated and ridiculously cluttered, it's so off putting. I really like the forum content and the members but, (in my opinion) something needs to be done with the layout and set up, none of the pages scroll properly and why are there so many "like" options for a post? I can't be the only one who is of this opinion. Yes the software is great and has all these options but, lets be honest, the vast majority of it is a bit pointless. It's hard to write this without sounding like I'm having a moan but, good grief, something that should be so simple and at one time was user friendly, has quite frankly, turned into a massive mission, to the point where I just can't even be bothered trying to post.
Please keep your moans to their own threads lol is this about the 14 thanks buttons or the uploading to the contest.

:D :D :D

It's work in progress hang in there.

Been busy on the plumbing forum to be fair. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay I've changed the name of the button to "Upload JOTM Photos".

Other than 'make it like Facebook' I can't see what else I need to change from the posts above. Any actual suggestions?

I

Ian

Ok. It's impossible to say anything without sounding critical, that's not what I'm trying to acheive. To try and get across my point I'll say this, if this forum and it's layout was what greeted you if you went to www.brianthetiler.com, what would you think? Me personally, I'd press the x in the top corner and that's coming from someone has has spent far too many hours of my life on this forum and the internet as a whole. I get forums and how they work but, this, is so needlessly over engineered, imagine a newcomer trying to work out what to do. At the end of the day Dan, you do what you feel is right you've always had my support but, this has gone a long long way in the wrong direction. Does anyone have any watched tags? Yes I get that they help with searches but, no one wants to tag their threads, they just end up writing the thread title out in tags. I won't go on, I've said my part and hope I've got my point across without sounding like a ****.

Reply to Improvement suggestions regarding the JOTM uploading process.... And stuff in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen