Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Impey waterguard in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

Thanks. So the Waterguard membrane should cover this shiny surface when laid on the floor. Our WaterGuard for walls product (due for imminent release) would also offer a way to eliminate the need to tile directly on the jointing tape on walls but we certainly appreciate the feedback on this for standard tiling directly on the tape. Thanks
Yeah it wouldn't be an issue if all walls and floor were tanked as the tape would be covered but, if it's only a shower area that's walls are tanked, there are areas of the floor upstand/overlap that will be receiving tiles over this tape and it's not a good surface to tile onto.

S

Stevenorth

Definitely noted. One for our development team.
Hi, I’ve just purchased one of your 5m tanking kits to waterproof a shower enclosure, I’m using a conventional resin shower tray and have used a ClassiSeal waterproof upstand on this against the walls, the shower walls are Hardie backer board, how does the WG5 WaterGuard membrane affix to this and do the backer boards need priming with something first?

Reply to Impey waterguard in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks