Discuss Impey waterguard in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dougs Third Go

first time I've used this membrane as customer supplied it, hopefully it will be the last, not saying it's a bad product but hell it's hard to lay.As soon as you take the backing off you've just gotta make sure it doesn't fold and bond to itself. Anybody else struggle with it?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's one of those things that there's a knack to lol

Rather you than me mate.

I assume it's really sticky then?

Reaction score
It certainly is sticky but less so than other bitumen based alternatives. We'd like to hear how you get on. Waterguard for walls also soon to be released.

V

Versatile

The newer stuff is better than the old stuff
If you put your hand on it for more than 3seconds you would loose your skin

I

Ian

I really like the new water guard, not convinced by the jointing tape though, it's too shiny on the top side which isn't a great surface for tile adhesive to stick to, I'd prefer the jointing tape to have a fleece on the outer face like the matting.

D

Dougs Third Go

all went well in the end @Dan this was the "cider job" lol :), here's the email I received from customer ;)
Hi Doug,

Thanks for all your help, advice and fantastic detailed work!!

I've sent payment tonight so should be in your account tomorrow, any issues don't hesitate to contact me.

We are over the moon with the bathroom and looking forward to getting moved in (eventually!!). I've already spread the good word and I'm sure referall work will come off the back of our job!

Thanks again
Steve

Reaction score
I really like the new water guard, not convinced by the jointing tape though, it's too shiny on the top side which isn't a great surface for tile adhesive to stick to, I'd prefer the jointing tape to have a fleece on the outer face like the matting.

Hi, are you referring to the 75mm folded section that sits vertically?

I

Ian

Hi, are you referring to the 75mm folded section that sits vertically?
This stuff
image.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks. So the Waterguard membrane should cover this shiny surface when laid on the floor. Our WaterGuard for walls product (due for imminent release) would also offer a way to eliminate the need to tile directly on the jointing tape on walls but we certainly appreciate the feedback on this for standard tiling directly on the tape. Thanks

Reply to Impey waterguard in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks