Search the forum,

Discuss If your child ended up being a tiler, would you be proud of them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

GoneGuy

One of the main reasons I started my own business is that when my son leaves school ( he's only just turned 5) I will hopefully be in a position to offer him the business if he wants to be a tiler as this will give him a good start in life.
If not I could always sell the business and use the money to help him.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My dad.( retired) was a Tiler... So was his Brother... And their Dad ( My Gramps)...
My ex-wife didn't want our son who is now 27 to learn the trade.. Much to my dismay... Shame... end of an era when I stop.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As long as they were happy doing it and able to make a living I would be proud if either of my kids became tiling. Not much chance though. My daughters at uni doing a masters in zoo conservation and my lad would only become a tiler if he could do it from the pc or by iPhone... lol..

B

Blunt Tool

IMG_0173.JPG
I've got 2 sons, one is 18 and not interested in tiling at all, been with me a few times and said it was hard graft, he's at college doing electrical engineering. The other is 14 and basketball daft, and wants to do physical education. As long as they don't end up 30 and........

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My dad.( retired) was a Tiler... So was his Brother... And their Dad ( My Gramps)...
My ex-wife didn't want our son who is now 27 to learn the trade.. Much to my dismay... Shame... end of an era when I stop.
Should of just left a banana skin on the stairs and done away with her when u had the chance haha

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Something that might get deep this. And I'd like it if you guys kept it amicable like you usually do. But I wondered, if your boy or girl ended up being a tiler (not always like yourself EXACTLY perhaps they go down a different route but still end up tiling)...

.. would you be proud of them?
No

Reply to If your child ended up being a tiler, would you be proud of them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen