Currently reading:
how to wet cut 300x600 tiles

Discuss how to wet cut 300x600 tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

i need to cut some 300x600 tiles in half ie so that they are 300x300
ive been looking at the Plasplugs Master Tiler Diamond Wheel Tile Cutter
but from what i can see the guide rail only goes back to about 22cm.
can any one offer me some advice please

cheers
jon
Check out the Norton TT200 EM saw available from CTD. got a big enough table for what you need!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leatherface

Or you could invest in a cheap angle grinder and a diamond blade, it you telephone the Trade Tiler number and purchase a suitable diamond blade, plus the cost of an angle grinder from B & Q, the cost would be about the same as Plasplugs cutter . Also you will have an angle grinder to use in the future, which would be more adaptable to other DIY projects than a tile wet saw.
Hope this helps.

D

david campbell

i need to cut some 300x600 tiles in half ie so that they are 300x300
ive been looking at the Plasplugs Master Tiler Diamond Wheel Tile Cutter
but from what i can see the guide rail only goes back to about 22cm.
can any one offer me some advice please

cheers
jon

if you are going to buy this cutter(it's good i have one:punk:,just a different blade in mine),take of the guide rail off and mark the tile with a chinagraph pencil(pack of 2 in b&q for £2),this will give you a cutting guide,just guide the pencil mark through the blade!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

seka1980

this is the layout im trying to achive , does this layout look ok

Attachments

• tiless.gif
    122.4 KB · Views: 187

Reply to how to wet cut 300x600 tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.