Search the forum,

Discuss How To Tile, Advice & All the questions I asked when i joined in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've just copied and pasted the threads on to a word doc, to print and write all the best bits up in my note pad later, 33 pages .. lol
Cheers
Oli
;);););)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Had a window sill that I wanted to raise by 40mm to avoid slither cuts yesterday. I normally use cement or plaster board but for speed and ease I thought I'd try SLC.
Had a freebie bag of BAL max level in the garage and poured it at the end of yesterday and finished the job today - worked a treat.

20151111_160908.jpg 20151111_171051.jpg 20151113_171102.jpg

jindru

TF
Reaction score
Sorry oli. Your post is great. This is the only thing I disagree with. Replacing tiles I dig all 4 corners out( grout lines, top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right)with a flat head screw driver. Then middle of each joint with flat head. Then batter with a hammer (concrete floor) if gyprock (for example) I make my snips the hammer and lightly batter. Generally speaking at least one point of the tile will give way and I work from there.
Invest in a multicutter they are the tilers best friend.

Reply to How To Tile, Advice & All the questions I asked when i joined in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen