Search the forum,

Discuss How to stop cracking if even in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

average

TF
Reaction score
I don't even know if this is correct forum for this.

On a new extension, the client has asked my opinion on this. Originally there was one ensuite on the exterior side of the extension. It's now been boarded out in half so the client can get another toilet/wash room on the opposite side of the new wall..

There is a 90 bend in the new room ontona 4 inch pipe that connect's on to a sweeping 90 where another toilet feeds into. See pic.

From one bend to the next, is 2.3m . The pipe will run along the insulation in the floor and have a slope between 1/110 and 1/80. The insulation is 150mm thick, the screed on top will be 75mm. Which is 225mm. By my calculations with minimum slope, I might just be missing the screed but even if I did go through it, will it crack. And if it does, what can I put on top to stop the tiles cracking!

Pic not to scale!

IMG_20211026_070706796.jpg

Reply to How to stop cracking if even in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen