Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss how to seal copper pipes? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

bexcina

TF
Reaction score
Hi - Could any one advise what product to use to seal around copper pipes that stick out of tiles e.g. showers, rads ...

i'm looking for a product that does not cause any degredation to the copper over time...

i'm posting here as there seems to be a lot of plumbers saying its the tillers job, or tillers saying its the plumbers job.. but as yet i've not found any conclusive answers...

so any help appreciated!

O

Old Mod

Hi welcome to the forum,
U need a product similar to this.
It's made by Schluter and called Kerdi KM

Schluter-DITRA - Schluter-Systems

To expand on that, this is a pipe collar to be used in conjunction with a tanking kit.

Dural also make a similar product, again for use with a tanking kit.
@Lee@TileTown can help u with that product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It can be either to be fair. But tiling is a finishing trade so tilers make good, prepare, then tile. So perhaps slightly more down to the tiler.

I'd have always used BAL WP1. Cheap and easy to use and does a great job. Sealed a leaking old shed roof once with it. Got another few years out of it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Reading it again I think it's how to protect the copper from adhesive?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think the OP means when everything is complete how do you finish off any exposed copper pipes and who's job is it to do so?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm absolutely baffled now pmsl

@deanotile will know the right way this is done for sure. :D
(only messing deano! - Don't need wind that one up again!)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If it is the finishing off then I would have asked the plumber to user chrome pipe rather than copper. If it does need to be covered then I would ask the plumber to provide these

Radiator Valve Tubes & Collars

Reply to how to seal copper pipes? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks