Discuss How to get your name out to new customers in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi
I have just started on my own tiling after 8 years with a plumbing and tiling company.
Just looking for some tips really on how to get my name out to new customers ?
Im in Porthmadog N.Wales

L

LM

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Go to a few tile shops and explain your situation and offer to do a job that would take 1 or 2 days tops for free, it's a great way to get their attention.
If they like what they see they'll be on the phone offering you more work in no time.
There's a serious shortage of good quality highly skilled tilers and shops always need good tilers.
Also get yourself some well designed business cards to leave with your customers for any future work for them or their friends and family.
If your any good at all before you know it your diary will fill up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Qwerty

Best way is to get your name out there and word of mouth will spread. Get yourself set up on social media, regularly contribute to the forum and forge good relationships with local tile shops. Most importantly read the other posts in the marketing forum.

Welcome aboard

Last edited by a moderator:
O

One Day

Well straight away I'm dead jealous of where you're working! I love gwynedd.
What tips specifically are you looking for?
I'm in my 10th year self employed. I can tell you plenty of things you shouldn't do!

Reaction score
Hi
Yeah it is a nice area to be in.
I am trying to establish myself on my own to start with, How to get my name out to potential customers without going to a big cost as my budget is low as many guys no when starting out.

O

One Day

Make friends with a really good heating engineer/ plumber. I met mine 9 years ago and i get loads of work from and with him. We make each other look good and work well together.
I've also learnt never work for builders. I'll take recommendations from them and work for their clients, but never for the builder.

D

Dumbo

Make friends with a really good heating engineer/ plumber. I met mine 9 years ago and i get loads of work from and with him. We make each other look good and work well together.
I've also learnt never work for builders. I'll take recommendations from them and work for their clients, but never for the builder.
Agreed never work for builders generally late payers .badly organised always saying it will be ready when it's not . Quite good at going at going bust so you won't get paid

U

Unused Account 1

Ask a few tilers if they get busy ,youll help a few days for free ,then once they seeyour work ,might give you a day a week or any jobs they cant do ,but if you contact 3 or 4 like this ,good luck

Reply to How to get your name out to new customers in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks