Search the forum,

Discuss How to cut 10mm stoneware? Is a cheap wet saw the way to go? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

t0ma5

Hi Guys,

I need your help. I just bought my first apartment and I plan to tile my bathroom. I selected the tiles based on how they looked. I found out later that its 10mm stoneware and hard to cut. I plan to buy a cheap wet tile saw and install the tiles on the floor and the wall. I need to cut about 40m.

What would you recommend please?

Thinking of: Rubi ND-180-BL SMART or Güde GF180 or something similiar
Tiles: RAKO sandstone-plus pls google, unable to enter link

Thank you
Best Rgds
Tomas/Slovakia

W

White Room

Hi and welcome....if the ND 180 is as good as my ND 200 then that would be my choice.

Q

Qwerty

IMO there are better budget cutters out there for bigger tiles. Can you get a vitrex or a norton?

T

t0ma5

Hmm, its bit over budget, but I can get the Norton CLIPPER TT 200 EM (125gbp). I think it's more reasonable to get the clipper. Vitrex inst available in my country. Thanks!

C

Ceramico tiling

Hi Guys,

I need your help. I just bought my first apartment and I plan to tile my bathroom. I selected the tiles based on how they looked. I found out later that its 10mm stoneware and hard to cut. I plan to buy a cheap wet tile saw and install the tiles on the floor and the wall. I need to cut about 40m.

What would you recommend please?

Thinking of: Rubi ND-180-BL SMART or Güde GF180 or something similiar
Tiles: RAKO sandstone-plus pls google, unable to enter link

Thank you
Best Rgds
Tomas/Slovakia

Its not about the cutter its about the blade,, Ideally try to get a Macrist blade on a half decent wet cutter. Erbaur from Screwfix is good. Make sure the bore sizes match though. You will have to get the blade first, then see if it works in the cutter. I think they are 25mm bore.

Reply to How to cut 10mm stoneware? Is a cheap wet saw the way to go? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen