Search the forum,

Discuss How do i set out these tiles?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi all,

Going to tile my mates kitchen floor next week,and he wants them layed as in the attached picture.
Just wondering do I make two guage rods, one marked with three tiles,the other marked two tiles,and set out from there.
Also do you think I should find the centre then work from here,I know there simple questions but I have not layed this type of design before and want to do a good job.
Many thanks,
Vinnie.:grin:

Attachments

• 102308093636.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 61
W

White Room

The tiles are a block of oblong so use that as your gauging, Layout some paper and lay the pattern on to that which would give the fine cuts on your setting out, No need to over coplicate the pattern IMO

O

oldgit

i think you need 4 measurements,the whole width,the whole depth and 2 center of pattern measurements.
you need to avoid the small center tile being a small cut on a long run coz if the rooms out of square which it probably will be it will show on the small center tile,and it will show where the room is out of square,also even if room is square the center tile needs to be big at very least 2/3 of a tile,otherwise it will spoil the big tile effect of the job.IMO.

O

oldgit

looking again does that pattern actually work.......ive had a few tinnies but the pattern dont look like it will follow on.

G

guy1976

set it out with the small tiles marked out on your staff so if you get good cuts on those the rest will be good cuts also

E

enduro

I would also say this isn't the right pattern, needs a few more to get the correct bond as doing like this you will get straight grout line and you shouldn't with this type of tile. Go to the tile supplier as the should have a diagram for this bond. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

That tile is Domino monseratz....it usually comes supplied to fit a certain pattern.....i have fixed them loads of times.....

You can actually fit to any pattern combination you wish but usually like this photo of one i did...

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x450.
dave-albums-dave-s-tiling-photo-s-picture232-a.jpg

Reply to How do i set out these tiles?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen