Search the forum,

Discuss House rennovation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys. Renovating an old house 1960s at the min and have some questions as per usual!!

Entrance hall way as with nearly the full house is timber suspended floor. I intend to remove the wood flooring and renew after pipework is complete, I can't lift it atm as the stairs need to come out first.
I want to tile this when complete so wondering what is my best option for subfloor material
I also will decide when I lift the floor about adding extra joists and batons to tie them together and make it as strong as possible and minimising Deflection.

The first metre at the front door is screed also, will this cause me problems when tiled, ie where the subfloor swaps from screed to floor?

Thanks in advance

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would probably go for 22 mm moisture resistant chipboard and overboard with tile backerboard. You may also want to consider insulating between the joists.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm considering the sprsyfoam insulation on all lower floors, what about the differing subfloors?
Might be best to incorporate a movement joint at the transition between the floors, this can be for instance colour matched silicone sealant, ( to match the grout ).

Reply to House rennovation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen