Search the forum,

Discuss Hit my first pipe in 5/6 years yesterday... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Just got home at 6 and got the call! Oh great I thought. I have forgotten to tighten the tap up.

Guess again, up came a sheet of hbb, a floorboard, found a wet patch, torch, mirror, no joy. After another bb, another florboard the leak was sourced.

Worst thing about it was I hit the pipe fixing the floorboards to the joists, the guy had filled two holes where the old kitchen light fitting had been a week previously. Had he not it would have been found sooner. This pipe, also had a small leak on it which lay blame to his already wet and intermittently wet stop ****!

Oh well, a simple floor turning into a flooking nightmare! Gotta say I've had a good run tho!

B

Bubblecraft

Easy done mate. Don't shoot your self down. I've fired a Paslode nail into a ring main. Nice little bang that was.

At least you've found & fixed your problem & as long as the customer ain't too bothered

Q

Qwerty

I had to lift some hardi last year (plumbers fault) and ended up having to use a demolition saw and replacing half the ply also. Was your addy still fresh?

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
The first sheet was as i had only been away from the job twenty mins. the second where I found the leak wasn't I had to use a bolster and lump hammer.

luckily that sheet was only half a sheet in width.

D

DHTiling

Lucky it was so soon.. don't fancy trying to remove hardi was addy is fully set :lol:

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Very lucky Dave, the guy was fine with my fixings, luckily my neighbour is a heating engineer So ill be giving him a knock when he gets back tomorrow!

D

Dougs Third Go

touch wood,,30 + years, never hit one yet:thumbsup:...probs hit one soon now though:yikes:

Reply to Hit my first pipe in 5/6 years yesterday... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen