Search the forum,

Discuss hi gloss slate sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

harvey

Dear professionals,
I've just had a charcoal/black slate floor laid and would like a hi gloss effect as it's a large area and if you look at the floor from, say, 10ft away it appears very dull but if you stand directly over the tiles it's glossy. Currently there are three coats of HG satin gloss polish on it but it's not having the right effect if viewed from a slight distance. (i.e the hallway)
Should I persevere with more coats or is there a product on the market that works better?
Grateful for your advice...
Thanks in advance,
Harvey

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Sounds like you have put the wrong sealer on it, You should have used HG Impregnator not satin polish, You could remove the existing sealer and redo it, Sealers choice gold, lithofin slate seal, Fila slate impergnator are all better than HG products, make sure tiles are bone bry before applying

L

Leatherface

Make sure that you remove all traces of previous sealers before applying other products.
There are many makes of sealer on the market. I have my own favourites - Personally I would not touch HG or Fila with a very long bargepole.
If you would like to give LTP sealers a try, then send me a personal message ( LTP is my sealer of choice ) I will give you a contact phone no - you can request a leaflet - this gives a good account of their range of sealers and applications.

It may be an idea to purchase one or two makes and test them at home - find the one that YOU are happy with. Then stick with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leatherface

Lithofin do make a quite high gloss slate sealer - however they do not advise that this is used upon certain types of slate - only the very rough kinds.
You would be well advised to consult the relevant technical dept, for the manufacturer of the sealer that you intend to use - ask their advice.

Reply to hi gloss slate sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen