Search the forum,

Discuss Help with tile design advise please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

darrena

Hi,

We are currently refitting our ensuite and making it in to a wetroom.
I am really struggling with making a decision on what tiles and colours to use and was hoping to run an idea pass you experienced guys on the forum.

The room is 3 meters long by 1 meter wide, there is a door in the middle of the room and a small window a one end.
The wetroom shower is obviously at the opersite end to the window and has two peices of off set clear glass wall mounted for the spray. The toilet and sink are an off white.

The room will be heavily lit with spot lights.

My idea is as follows

Floor to be covered in quartz starlight black 5cm mosaic tiles throughout

For the wall up to sink height I wanted to use 3 rows of 30x60 black starlight quartz tiles length ways (both to be supplied by TileHQ.

At sink height I was going to use a mosaic cut down to 15 x 30 cm length ways as a border something like this but yet to be decided. Pearlescent Black/Grey Mosaic | Topps Tiles

For the remaining wall up to ceiling i was going to use this tile Bauhaus Blanco Ceramic Wall Tile 60x30cm - Tiles and Bathrooms Online, bringing you a wide range of Top Tiles and Bathrooms Brands at Low prices which is white tile with a small block textured detail.

All I want is some honest opinions on whether you think this design will work as its just so hard to envisage, I am dead keep on using the quartz tiles as I love the look of them although doing the whole roomin these will surely make it like a cave!!!

Thanks in advance

Darren

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Hi Darren..

Make sure you use the correct type of adhesive for quartz tiles..

Design wise... then this is really customer taste IMO.. we all have different tastes, so the choice is yours.. :)

M

Mike

as dave says the choice of design is yours but in my opinion the border is too wide at 150mm for a standard height wall. most of my work is domestics and most people are going for mosaic borders now but usually only 2 or 3 mosaics deep, equating to 50mm or 75mm.

D

darrena

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate the choice of design is down to me all was really was some direction from you experienced guys of if there was a massive within my design as I find it so hard to envisage and spending £1000 on tiles is a big commitment if it may look crap!!!

J

jwatson

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate the choice of design is down to me all was really was some direction from you experienced guys of if there was a massive within my design as I find it so hard to envisage and spending £1000 on tiles is a big commitment if it may look crap!!!

get a brochure from topps tiles. they have diagrams in the brochure that aid in the design of your bathroom. sometimes its good just to see on paper how a boarder may look before starting. i wouldnt buy from topps though.... not unless your name is roman abramovich :lol: check the glitter grout at tile giant... think it will look good with the quartz:thumbsup:

Reply to Help with tile design advise please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen