Discuss Help with shower needed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi

This is not a specific tiling question - sorry if inappropriate.

i am in a position where i need help with my bathroom installation. the shower tray 1500x900 has not been installed level, and the glass panels of the enclosures do not fit into the grooves as intended. the plumber must have noticed this and probably intended to stack the panels up with chocks or something.

the plumber has since walked off the job due to other disagreements.

i need to get the tray lifted out and reset level. unfortunately the disagreement with the plumber has spread and my reputation is do bad, no one i approach will help me.

any suggestions on how to find a good trader with high standards to help me. checkatrade (bathroom fitter) is quite sparse in my area. could bullders help with this? do i beed a bathroom person specifically?

Reaction score
The disagreement with the plumber has made your reputation so bad?

You pissed or what? :D 😀
Sorry Dan, I live in a small town which has one bathroom supplier which all the fitters use, and have a customer referral payback scheme with I assume.

I tried to call another plumber to help, who said he would come and look - but sent me a rather shitty text next day to the effect that he didn’t want my business.

Word gets around.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Unlucky mate. Hope you manage to get it sorted. You're welcome to post the job on the forum. Although no trader enjoys finishing somebody else's poor work. So not sure if it'll be easy to get sorted out.

Reply to Help with shower needed in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks