Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Help! wanted - college to train to become a tiler in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Carl_Midlands

Hello one and all, i am currently working as a farm labourer but desperately want to get into tiling as my chosen trade. I have been to college some years ago and achieved a Nvq2 in carpentry and i would like to now move into tiling. The reason for this decision is that various people who have seen my d.i.y tiling have said that maybe i should start up on my own. This being a new challenge for me i decided to join this forum with hope of help of where is best to train and learn a little more about my chosen path. i hope that my previous qualification of carpentry may help in some way but if not i will mark that down to a learning curve. The reason for this change in work is that my job is far from secure in this ever changing climate and i would like to try my very best to secure a solid future for my family. I am 39 years of age and i will not give up on this future challenge, i would very much appreciate any help and advice to help me on this journey.....Many thanks guys and dolls:thumbsup:

W

White Room

Hi and welcome.....you may find that a lot of good tilers are struggling at the moment....

C

Carl_Midlands

found a course run at swadlincote, £425 and you get a 5 day course(obviously i need a lot more than that to call myself a tiler but its a start). I assume its like most jobs in the fact that you are always learning, does this seem like a fair amount to pay. The course includes:-demonstration of tools used, surface prep, setting out, tiling, cutting, grouting and sealing, creating gauging rods for measuring and planning, cutting tiles using wet tile cutters, dry cutters, tile scribes, tile snips and tile saws, explanation of different adhesives, setting out and cutting around windows and reveals, how to tile angled ceilings and around sockets, cutting around wc, pedestal and pipes, grouting, grout cleaning and polishing, prep for the application of sealent......if any of you guys or dolls think that this is a reasonable amount to pay for this knowledge please say but if not please also say, many thanks for your time ;)

Reply to Help! wanted - college to train to become a tiler in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks