Discuss help - my drill is slipping !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 1779

Yes its this sort of feedback that helps us refine the product range.

My personal view is that the 6mm is not as robust at the 8mm when used on very hard material like granite and porcelain. 8mm wins simply because there is more guts to the drill and more diamond.

As a retailer I have a conflict. The market demands 6mm so of course we have to supply the best that we can.

The 6mm actually work really really well on glass, marble, travertine etc so there is a market for 6mm. I am looking at the BFKMX and removing 6mm but everytime we do that about 50% of our survey say to keep it in.

The jury is out on 6mm when used on tough porcelain. For now it stays as part of the BFKMX kits. I have put a comment on the website to say that we recommend the 8mm where possible.

If customers do use 6mm please bear in mind the advice not to apply pressure to the tips. And yes there is a mild chance of bending the 6mm as it pushes out of the back of the tile and gets caught. The 8mm is too strong to bend.

Thanks for approaching us on stand. We take the views of customers seriously. These next few months are important ones for us as we finally bring the kits to the retail market.

L

lendini

top tip which i discovered after having the same problem.Start drilling with the 365 guide and hole cutter dry to get initial pit.Then use water,if you use before the plate will not hold to tile (also make sure the grips are the right way round facing tile) :grin:

D

Deleted member 1779

Drilling multiple holes should be a doddle.

tiledrills_2.jpg

A bit of dry drilling (for a few seconds to get a pit formed) wont kill it. Just get it into a bucket of water to cool of as quick as you can after 8 seconds of drilling.

tiledrills_3.jpg

Dry drilling to start off wont kill it provided you dont drill for more than 8 seconds.

If the drill plate itself is dry it will grip much better. However even on wet tiles it still grips. The more you push it, the more it grips!

Reply to help - my drill is slipping !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks