Search the forum,

Discuss Help- grout nightmare in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Might be a silly question, but did you dilute the first wash?

Anybody else reading this, you must dilute this product with water. Water activates this product.

I would recommend mixing first wash with water and use a spray bottle to keep the walls damp.

You can get these white pads from B&M £2.99 for 2: View attachment 109751

I would also recommend Lithofin Cement Away or Cement Residue Remover available from CTD in store but not online.
Yes I did to begin with. The bloke from Topps when he visited used it neat. I think I need the stronger option now. Must have left it too long to clean the first tiles. It was very hot and tiles at that end were in direct sunlight. Will explore the Lithofin option. Thanks for your advice.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As silly as it sounds, if the sun was on that one wall while you were grouting the others, that small amount of heat difference could have caught you out if it's so sensitive to heat.

Whatever you try on this, test in a super small area and wait for it to dry and whatnot before going ahead with the rest. Might even be worth testing it, then waiting for it to dry, and wetting the area to see if water makes any difference etc because sometimes it can look fine but then when steam hits it, it all comes back to a degree.

So whatever you do, test it first a fair bit. :)

Thanks for replying to this lads. He PM'd me worrying that he wasn't getting a reply. Then all of a sudden you'd clocked it. :) Panic over hopefully. :D

Reaction score
As silly as it sounds, if the sun was on that one wall while you were grouting the others, that small amount of heat difference could have caught you out if it's so sensitive to heat.

Whatever you try on this, test in a super small area and wait for it to dry and whatnot before going ahead with the rest. Might even be worth testing it, then waiting for it to dry, and wetting the area to see if water makes any difference etc because sometimes it can look fine but then when steam hits it, it all comes back to a degree.

So whatever you do, test it first a fair bit. :)

Thanks for replying to this lads. He PM'd me worrying that he wasn't getting a reply. Then all of a sudden you'd clocked it. :) Panic over hopefully. :D
Thank you all for your advice. Really appreciate it. Hope it won’t come down to a re- tile. I’ve contacted Bal and am waiting for a response.
Nick

D

Dumbo

Have tried Lithofin cement residue remover. Not great. Anything stronger.? Is there an acid I can use. ? Think it begins with M.?
That is an acid . Did you leave it on to actually work , I'm not saying you did but no in point putting on then taking straight off .

Reaction score
I think Muriatic acid would be a tad strong, I would be concerned about it affecting the tile as well as the residue.

I found the lithofin remover a lot better than the topps one when I had grout issues.

Reply to Help- grout nightmare in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen